|November 23, 2022||A|
|November 24, 2022||No School|
|November 25, 2022||No School|
|November 28, 2022||No School|
|November 29, 2022||B|
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- 11/23/2022 11AM Dismissal for EHS students
- 11/23/2022 EHS Angel Network Fundraiser @ Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza (Hamilton Crossings)
- 11/24 – 11/28/2022 School Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11/30/2022 – deadline to apply for Lehigh University classes
- 12/1/2022 – Evening Of Theater, 7-9 pm Black Box (Rm 201)
- 12/2/2022 – EHS Winter Band concert, 7pm
- 12/5 – 12/6/2022 – Algebra Keystone Exam
- 12/8 – 12/9/2022 – Algebra Keystone Make-ups
- 12/12 – 12/13/2022 – Literature Keystone Exam
- 12/13/2022 – EHS Winter Choral concert, 7pm.
- 12/15 – 12/16/2022 – Literature Keystone Make-ups
- 12/16/2022 – Shelter House Historic Essay contest (last day to submit)
- 12/22/2022 – 11AM Dismissal for EHS students
- 12/23/2022 – 1/2/2023 – School Closed for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year’s ` Celebrations
- 1/9 – 1/10/2022 – Biology Keystone Exam
- 1/10/2022 – 8th Grade Family Information Night 6-8 pm Auditorium
- 1/12 – 1/13/2022 – Biology Keystone Make-ups
- The late bus will run every Tuesday and Thursday. The bus picks up around 3:15pm at door #4. You may only use the late bus for clubs or detention. You must sign up in the main office on the day of the late bus by 10:30am.
- All students coming to the Library must have an Ehall pass to EHS Library or a yellow paper pass.
- Reminder – students are only allowed to come down during one study hall block per day, students will be sent back if trying to come into the Library during multiple study hall blocks in the same day.
- This is a reminder that–on M, T, W and F–students may only be in the library during Hornet Homeroom for quick in-and-out visits (claiming an ID, printing a document, or book renewal/return, for examples). HR teacher passes are fine for such purposes. Staying longer requires a pass from a subject teacher and subject work necessitating library support/resources.
- No students should be visiting during HH on Thursdays.
- The library houses three permanent HHs every day and often gets a fourth due to coverage needs. We simply do not have the HH space to accommodate students just hoping to “hang out.”
- The EHS Library area to the immediate right after entering will be a designated quiet-only spot for students, staff members and teachers. Stress-relieving activities such as adult coloring, sticker books, sudoku, etc. remain available; however, in response to patron feedback, gaming items have been removed to allow for booked classes to operate without noise distraction. Additionally, ehallpass requires that our AA be able to hear students as they identify themselves upon arrival and exit.
Study hall students who wish to socialize should sit elsewhere in the library.
- Per Mrs. Guarriello, the EHS Library will no longer be available to students after school on Mondays due to faculty meetings being held in the space. The EHS Library continues to be open until 3 PM on Tuesdays through Fridays.
Evening of Theater
The Theater Department will hold an Evening of Theater on Thursday, December 1 from 7-9 PM in the black box. Admission is $5.
LCTI – Emerging Health Professionals and Animal Science
There will be an information session for any current 11th grade students interested in learning more about the 2023/24 Emerging Health Professionals and Animal Sciences programs offered through LCTI on December 7th from 1:30 to 2:25. If you are interested in attending, please sign up in the counseling office.
In Person College Visits
In Person College Visits
The counseling office is once again hosting in-person college visits! Below is a list of upcoming colleges coming to EHS. Juniors and seniors interested in attending one of our college visits must sign up through Naviance. Be sure to check Naviance often for the complete up-to-date list of schools planning to be at the high school.
|U.S. Marine Corp||Tuesday, November 29||11:00||Counseling|
Lehigh University Classes
Are you interested in taking a free college course this spring semester? The High School Scholars Program offers select EHS seniors the opportunity to apply to take a college course at Lehigh University. This is a competitive program. For more details, please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office. The deadline to apply is November 30.
London, France and Italian Riviera Trip
Anyone interested in going to London, France AND the Italian Riviera in June 2024 are welcome to attend our second meeting on Wednesday, December 7th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will take place in room 236. Please see Mrs. Fraser or Mr. Montepeque for more information!
New Student Opportunities
New Student Opportunities: Four skill-building groups are being offered during marking period 2 – Stress Management, Wellness Group, Skills for Success, and Let Go and Move on. Please check out this link for a description of each group:
To sign up use the QR code or this link: https://forms.gle/tMAsQE2KSb5w3r2UA
If you have any questions please reach out to Mrs. Williams – email@example.com
EHS Angel Network Fundraiser
Come out & enjoy some pizza! Support the EHS Angel Network by joining us at Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza (Hamilton Crossings) today, Wednesday, November 23rd from 11:00 AM — 9:00 PM. Anthony’s will donate 20% of their food and alcohol sales to the EHS Angel Network — you MUST mention the Angel Network to participate! You can also take your chance on several raffle items valued at $75. See you there!”
*Students will be notified if they are required to attend this Keystone test.*
- Algebra Keystone Exam – 12/5 & 12/6
- Algebra Make-Ups – 12/8 & 12/9
- Literature Keystone Exam – 12/12 & 12/13
- Literature Make-Ups – 12/15 & 12/16
- Biology Keystone Exam – 1/9 & 1/10
Biology Make-Ups – 1/12 & 1/13
Shelter House Historic Essay Contest
The Shelter House Historic Essay Contest is being offered for a second year. Winners receive monetary awards, have their pieces published, and receive Shelter House memberships. The contest information is linked below. The deadline is December 16, 2022.
- For a complete listing of EHS sporting events, please visithttps://ehshornetsathletics.com
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Gingerbread House competition on December 2 in cafe 2 live during Hornet Homeroom. Teams of 4-6 people can participate for $25/team. Kits will be provided. You are welcome to bring any other school appropriate decorations. Forms to participate are available outside 513 and outside the library. All forms and money must be turned in to Miss Russo in 513. Everyone is welcome to participate. Space is limited. First come, first serve. Last day to enter is Tuesday, November 29, 2022. Thank you to Mrs. Guariello for providing the kits!
- No Place for Hate will meet after school in room 573 on Thursday, 12/1.
- The Gratitude Club is collecting unopened toiletries in order to restock the Angel Network shelves. Items of high need are shampoo and conditioner for all hair types. Please bring donations to room 504.
- To benefit the Angel Network, the Interact Club is collecting toothpaste tubes for holiday baskets this fall. A donation basket is located outside Room 524 and will be open now through November 28. Thank you for helping the Angel Network reach its goal of 100 toothpaste tubes for local families!
- Congratulations to the Emmaus HS chess team that defeated Liberty with a resounding 5.5 to 1.5 win. Wins by Brian Stach, Ayaan Shah, Zach Ritter, SarveshSenguttuvan, and Aidan Arakkal led the Varsity with back up wins by Tyler Finck and Lucian Facchiano and a gritty draw by Luke Dougherty. The EHS chess team is the first chess team to compete in the East Penn Conference since 1985 and their win was a testament to hard work and dedication to becoming part of the winning tradition at Emmaus HS.
- Chess Club is also hosting a fundraiser https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/VRRb9qGjTF if anyone is interested in ordering gear.
- Habitat for Humanity will be selling wreaths, trees, sprays, and centerpieces through December 9. You can go to GiftItForward.com and use the fundraising code EMMAUSPA002 (those are zeros), use any Habitat for Humanity member’s name or Maria Russo, choose your items and have them shipped wherever you like! Thank you for your support!
- If you’re interested in discussing politics, social issues, and ways we can build a better community, join Young Democrats! We meet on the first, third, and fourth Tuesdays of each month from 2:35-3:30 in room 523.
- The eSports team meets twice a month in room 375 and is always looking for new players. Follow us on Twitch at Emmaus_eSports to watch our league games.