“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
Today is Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
|Monday, Sept 13||A Day|
|Tuesday, Sept 14||B Day|
|Wednesday, Sept 15||A Day|
|Thursday, Sept 16||Holiday|
|Friday, Sept 17||B Day|
- The Library will be open to study hall passes today during all Blocks.
- The EHS late bus will start on September 21st on Tuesdays & Thursdays, and departs EHS at approximately 3:15 PM.
- Students must sign up in the main office by 10:30 AM to use the late bus. Students participating in after school activities (i.e. detention, school sanctioned clubs or testing) are eligible for this service, and their attendance and/or participation is verified. Students are not permitted to use the bus for any other reason. Students are picked up in front of Mr. Fortier’s office (door # 4).Once a student leaves school property, he/she is not allowed to return to school to take the bus. Discipline referrals will be given to students who do not adhere to this policy.
- If you are interested in helping our planet and learning habits to reduce your carbon footprint, stop by Earth Watch Club! The first meeting will be held today after school in room 420. Everyone is welcome!
- Are you passionate about making a change in our community and/or country? Then get involved with the EHS Activism club! Our club aims to promote activism within the community and provide opportunities for social and political engagement. EHS’s Student Activism club will be begin holding meetings every other Thursday, beginning 9/23 @2:30 p.m in Room 514. For more information contact Mrs. Kinzel firstname.lastname@example.org or join our Schoology group with code HS53-3PTV-CKCCS.
- The Astronomy Club is welcoming new members. Meetings are Wednesdays 2:30 – 3:00 in the Planetarium. All grades are welcome.
- The first Latin Club meeting was a success! If you are interested in being an officer this year, please fill out the form posted in the EHS Latin Club schoology group by Friday, September 17th. Stay tuned for the next meeting date to be announced by Friday September 17th. Join the EHS Latin Club schoology group using the following code: 7B6T-WJ3B-TQMPZ
- GOLD OUT game this Friday. Get all GOLD apparel, GOLD face glitter, GOLD beads and other merch at the Hornet’s Nest (room 519) open all day every day this week– Tuesday through Friday.
- Open gym for freshman boys basketball will run every Wednesday starting today from 2:45pm-4:15pm in the EHS main gym. Please see Mr. Hoderewski in Room 580 if you have any questions.
- For any member who is interested in being an officer for the Computer Science/ACSL club–there will be a short meeting after school today in room 366. Contact Mrs. Brashear or Mrs. Stoudt if you are interested but cannot attend the meeting.
- Are you interested in politics, social justice, environmentalism, women’s rights, and LGBTQ issues? If so, stop by the EHS Young Democrats Club meeting after school today, in room 533. There will be free food and we will discuss our events and trips planned for the year. See you there!
- The Gratitude Club will have their first meeting today at 2:30 in room 504. The intention of this club is to make a difference through community involvement and to display gratitude to those in need.
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to present Guidance Information Night for the Parents/Guardians of current 12th grade students on September 22nd at 6pm in the Auditorium. During this evening, information will be presented about the Financial Aid process by Michael Burke, from PHEAA. Following the presentation by Michael Burke, EHS Counselors will provide an overview of how students should be using Naviance throughout the college application process.
- No Place for Hate will hold their first meeting for all current, new, or potential members after school in room 573 on Thursday, Sept. 23rd. Please come and learn more about exciting opportunities in student activism in our school.
- Student Opportunity: Starting the week of September 13th, Communities in Schools will be offering three skill building groups – Executive Functioning Skills, Resiliency Skills, or Stress Management/Life Skills. Please check out this link to learn more about each group. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNFO5HvPqnOgsJqAiOSIh9n2oaypPcs7/view?usp=sharing Use the QR code on the flyer to sign up. If you have any questions please reach out to Mrs. Williams – email@example.com
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered at EHS on Saturday, October 16. It is recommended that all college-bound eleventh graders take this test.
- 2021 PSAT registration will begin on Monday, September 20, 2021 until they are sold out (there are a limited number of tests available).
- Registration will take place at the Counseling Office between the hours of 7:15 AM and 2:30 PM.
- The cost for the test is $30.
- Payment in the form of check/cash must be received at the time of registration.
- Checks should be made payable to Emmaus High School.
- Masks are required while registering.
- The PSAT will be held on Saturday, October 16, 2021. Students must arrive at EHS by 7:30AM in order to check in prior to the start of testing. Upon arrival, students will receive their room assignments for the test — this will be posted outside of EHS doors 3, 4, and 5. Upon entering the building (through either doors 3, 4 or 5) students must report directly to their testing room. Students will need to remember to bring their own number 2 pencils and calculators. Testing Procedures: Students and proctors are required to wear masks at all times in the school building. Upon completion of the PSAT, students must exit immediately. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- The Interact Club, a service club that works to make our local community better, will hold its first meeting on Tuesday, September 21 in room 524 at 2:30. If you are interested in participating or finding out more please stop by. New members welcome. Any questions, please see Mrs. Kaunitz. Thanks!
- The Theater Department will have their first meeting and improv session on Thursday, September 23rd from 2:30-3:15 in the black box (room 201). New members are always welcome! Join our Schoology group to keep up with our schedule of events for the year. Schoology code 4GHW-J9CJ-Z3KQB
- SNOW SPORTS LOVERS – We will be holding a Snowsports meeting Sept 23 after school. We will be discussing the upcoming season! Schoology Group Code: VBB2-B82X-9BR4F
- Spanish Club, students interested in joining the club need to join our group in Schoology. Please use the code: 5XMC-MSJW-TKDCM or email Mr. Montepeque. Our meetings will be every week on Tuesdays at 2:30 PM, room 236.
- Emmaus High School is once again hosting in-person college visits! Below is a list of upcoming colleges coming to EHS. Juniors and seniors interested in attending one of our college visits must sign up through Naviance. Be sure to check Naviance often for the most up-to-date list of schools planning to be at the high school.
|Slippery Rock University||9/15||9:00||Counseling|
|East Stroudsburg University||9/15||1:00||Counseling|
*Verto Education offers the only global, academic travel experience that partners with colleges—travel, earn college credit, and graduate in four years.
|Date||Team||Opponent||Facility||Dismiss Time||Game Time|
|JV Girls Volleyball||East Stroudsburg North HS||East Stroudsburg North HS||1:45pm||4:00pm|
|Varsity Girls Volleyball||East Stroudsburg North HS||East Stroudsburg North HS||1:45pm||5:00pm|
|JV Boys Soccer||Allen||EHS Memorial Field||5:00pm|
|Varsity Boys Soccer||Allen||EHS Memorial Field||6:30pm|