“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Wednesday, September 18, 2019, Schedule Day 4.
- Classes are scheduled in the Library today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Passes will be accepted during Periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. NO passes will be accepted during FLEX today (only Honors tutoring).
- FBLA is meeting in room 234 THIS Thursday, September 19th after school. New members are always welcome!
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- Do you like to party? Come and find out more about PALS club today in room 405. Find out how you can get involved in Special Olympics, after school parties, and flex-block hang-outs.
- The 9th grade counselors will be offering an Introduction to Naviance for freshmen parents today at 6:00 PM in the high school cafeteria. Naviance is the comprehensive website that students and parents can use to research and make plans about careers and post-secondary options. We hope you can join us!
- The next meeting of the ACSL club is this Thursday, September 19th in room 366 after school. Come on out to learn about cybersecurity.
- The Red Cross Club is open to anyone who wants to make a difference in our community. Our next meeting is this Thursday, September 19th in room 335 immediately after school. New members are welcome.
- Attention 9th grade students: do you have an interest in helping plan and coordinate school wide activities and events? If you do, pick up a copy of the EHS SGA freshman application paperwork. Applications are located outside of room 537 and room 442. Be sure to return your completed application to Mrs. Montero in room 537 on Friday, September 20th.
- Welcome to our next Global Citizens meeting! Tuesday, September 24th in room 230. Meet a new friend from a different part of the world, Learn something about a new place and culture, Contribute to creating a more inclusive and connected world.
- On Wednesday, September 25th, Periods 1-4 study halls in the Auditorium will be relocated to the Aux Gym.
- Kid to Kid will be meeting Wednesday, September 25th at 2:30 in room 227. Officers, don’t forget your permission forms. New club members are always welcome! You can email Ms. Martini, or stop by on the 25th.
- No Place for Hate will hold its New Member Meeting on Thursday, September 26th in Room 409 at 2:30.
- Powderpuff Football will be held on Tuesday, October 1st with a rain date of Wednesday, October 2nd. Sign-up sheets can be picked up in Room 537 (Mrs. Montero’s room).
- Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams has begun in the Counseling Office. The priority registration deadline is Thursday, October 3rd, and the final ordering deadline is Friday, November 8th. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94 via cash or check (payable to Emmaus High School). Payment must be brought at the time of registration. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. All inquiries regarding AP exams should be directed to Mr. Wood, Mrs. LaBar, or Ms. Bonney in Counseling.
- Senior breakfast is coming up soon. As per tradition, the historians will be making a video compiling all of our memories over our school career together! Check out the Class of 2020 google classroom on how to submit.
- Attention Seniors. Sr. Breakfast will be held on Friday October 4th during pds 1 and 2. You can purchase tickets for $20 each during all lunches from Sept 16th through 27th. Food provided by Chick-fil-a, three men, and duck donuts. You must purchase a ticket to attend.
- The SAT Reasoning and Subject Tests will be offered at EHS on Saturday, October 5th. The deadline to register is this Friday, September 6th. Register online at www.collegeboard.org. All students will be required to upload a photo during the registration process. Please adhere to the photo guidelines to avoid being turned away on testing day.
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered at EHS on Wednesday, October 16th. It is recommended that all college bound eleventh graders take this test. Register in the counseling office beginning September 9th. The cost is $25. If paying by check, please make the check payable to Emmaus High School. Space is limited so register early. If tests are still available, the deadline to register will be Friday, October 4th.
- Kutztown University will be holding an Instant Decision Day at EHS on Tuesday, October 22nd @ 12:45. Please complete an application and stop by Counseling to sign up to meet with an admissions representative.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS Grades 10-12: The ASVAB Military test will be held on Tuesday, October 29th @ 7:30am in the multimedia room. Please note that the date has changed. It will be held on October 29, not October 22 as previously announced. This test also provides great feedback for non-military students and it’s FREE! Sign up in the counseling office. Questions? Ask for Mr. McInerney.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|Gettysburg College||9/18 @ 9:00 am|
|Immaculata University||9/18 @ 11:00 am|
|Susquehanna University||9/18 @ 12:00 pm|
|University of the Sciences in Philadelphia||9/18 @ 1:00 pm|
|Marywood University||9/19 @ 9:00 am|
|University of Vermont||9/19 @ 10:00 am|
|York College of Pennsylvania||9/19 @ 1:00 pm|
|Date||Sport||Opponent||Location||Game Time||Dis miss|
|18 Sep||Varsity Girls Soccer||Dieruff||Irving St Park||4:00pm|
| JV Girls |
|Pocono Mtn West||Pocono Mtn West HS||4:00pm||1:15 pm|
|Varsity Girls Volleyball|| Pocono |
|Pocono Mtn West HS||5:00pm||1:15 pm|
|JV Boys Soccer||Dieruff||EHS Memorial Field||5:00pm|
|Varsity Boys |
|Dieruff||EHS Memorial Field||6:30pm|