“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, April 2, 2019, Schedule Day 6.
- Library is open to passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- On Wednesday, April 3rd after school in room 518, Judge elect Morfii-Marks will be here to speak to Young Republicans, Young Democrats, and Mock trial club. Any student is welcome to attend this exciting event involving this remarkable woman and what she has to offer the Lehigh Valley’s youth population.
- Buzz magazine will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, April 3rd at 2:30 in the learning lab. This is a very important full club meeting. All members, please plan to attend.
- EHS Activism is excited to announce our 2019 Day of Action held on Wednesday April 10th. All students are invited to join us during a study hall, flex block or lunch period for engaging activities, discussions and opportunities to make your voice heard. Seniors – if you are or will be 18 by May 21st, stop in to register to vote! Your voice matters and directly impacts our schools in the upcoming primary. Follow Emmaus High School Activism on Twitter for more details and the schedule for the day. Stop in Mrs Kinzel’s room, room 514, with questions or for a pass to attend.
- Habitat for Humanities will meet today after school in room 513.
- If you have lost anything recently, please stop by the Main Office to check the lost and found. Any unclaimed items will be donated today. Please note, lost lunch boxes and water bottles, can be found on the landing underneath the stairwell in the cafeteria.
- No Place for Hate will meet on Thursday, April 4th from 7:00 am to 7:20 am in Room 409.
- Attention Juniors: Would you like to take a course at Lehigh University for free next year? Any student who will be a senior next year is welcome to apply for the competitive High School Scholars program. Successful students will be able to take a free class at Lehigh for the fall semester. Successful students in the program are often invited to take a second free class in the spring semester. Application deadline is April 10th. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details.
- The EHS Hornet Ambassadors organization is now accepting applications. The Hornet Ambassadors play a large part in familiarizing the EHS community with our building, as well as helping new students adjust to life at Emmaus High School. The Hornet Ambassadors give tours to our soon to be Freshmen and new students, help direct parents on Parent Nights, Guidance Information Nights, and other functions where assistance is needed. If you like to help people, want to get involved in our school and community, and give tours of our high school, involvement in the Hornet Ambassadors would be a great opportunity for you. If you are interested in becoming a Hornet Ambassador, please pick up an application from Mrs. Molnar in the Learning Lab. The application deadline is Friday, April 12th.
- Attention junior girls: Applications are now being accepted for the American Legion Auxiliary Keystone Girls State, a week long, simulated government immersive learning experience. If you are interested in a spending a week at Shippensburg University this summer and honing your leadership skills, please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling office for more details and the application. The deadline is Thursday, April 18.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
|Varsity Girls Lacrosse||Northampton||Northampton HS||4:00pm||2:00pm|
|JV Girls Lacrosse||Northampton||Northampton HS||5:30pm||2:00pm|
|JV Boys Lacrosse||Freedom||EHS Memorial Field||5:00pm|
|Varsity Boys Lacrosse||Freedom||EHS Memorial Field||6:30pm|