Required to Substitute
- PA Standard Teaching Application.
- Copy of Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate.
- Two letters of Recommendation.
- Official Transcripts (Undergraduate & Graduate).
- Clearances required to obtain employment: Act 34, Act 114 and Act 151. Act 168 Release forms. Please click here for detailed information to obtain these clearances.
Interested applicants should complete the six (6) steps above. Completed application packets can be submitted by mail to the attention of the EPSD Human Resources Office, 800 Pine Street, Emmaus, PA 18049.
Note: Pursuant to EPSD Board Policy 304, Employment of District Staff, adopted on September 26, 2016, wherein it states:
“After accepting an offer of employment, the candidate shall undergo a medical examination, as required by law.”
Prior to board approval, all candidates must provide a completed School Personnel Health Record (dated within 1 year of board approval), including TB test (dated within 3 months of board approval), to Human Resources.
How the Process Works:
- Upon receipt of the application by Human Resources, the substitute application is sent to a building principal.
- Principal then contacts applicant to schedule interview.
- Recommendation will be sent back to the substitute coordinator.
- Application will then be processed: Act 168’s will be sent out and all required documents, certificates, training and School Personnel Health Record will be completed and collected.
- Substitute will then be submitted for board approval.
- Applicant will receive email notification after board approval with payroll forms to complete and return to Human Resources.
- Upon return of all forms the substitute will be activated in Aesop.
- A brief orientation of the Aesop system will be given to substitute by the substitute coordinator.
Click here to view the Per Diem Substitute Handbook 2018-2019