Hello elementary families,
We are asking your assistance to reconfirm your choice in finishing the 2020-2021 school year for your student. Based on some significant updates to our Health and Safety plan at last night’s school board meeting, it is important we do this after you review the changes that have been made and what has remained the same in our plan. **In a Morning Call article posted on March 23, 2020, it was erroneously reported that double masking was required.**
- Students will maintain a minimum of 3 ft social distancing in classrooms and common areas.
- Students will be required to follow CDC guidelines for face masks. Gaiters/buffs will no longer be an acceptable face covering.
- Elementary teachers will have had the opportunity to vaccinate prior to a 5 day return. The current percentage of vaccinated elementary level staff is 85% based on our district survey.
- These changes will be in effect through any level of community spread (substantial, moderate, minimal).
- A reminder regarding dates for our 5 day learning model implementation:
- March 29th – K-2 Returns – Elementary Dismissal Remains 2:15 pm
- April 6th – K-5 Returns – Elementary Dismissal changes to 3:00 pm for the remainder of the school year.
What remains the same:
- Students will continue to be socially distanced at 6 ft for lunch.
- The district will continue to follow the protocol for case counts within a 14 day period.
- Students will have an opportunity to take mask breaks at 6 feet of social distancing.
Again, based on this new information, we are asking ALL families to complete this updated survey. If you have students who attend other buildings, you will receive a survey for your school.
Your survey response will be your commitment for your student for the remainder of the year. Please respond by Thursday, March 25th.
**Only one parent/guardian per household should complete the survey per student.**