Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year! In an effort to increase the safety and security of our walking students as well as our car drop off students please review our Jefferson arrival procedure. Following this procedure will alleviate a hazardous traffic pattern during the morning drop off.
ALL Kindergarten through Grade 5 walkers and car drop off students will access the building through the main entrance doors located on the corner of Elm and Perkiomen Alley.
Please practice the following procedure with your Jefferson student:
1. Students should exit the vehicle on the passenger side of the vehicle independently, which will allow them to access the sidewalk to the steps at the main entrance.
Jefferson faculty and staff members will be stationed at the following locations to aide in this arrival procedure:
- Corner of Elm Street and Perkiomen Alley to aide students at the crosswalk
- Sidewalk along Elm Street to direct traffic and aide students with safely exiting the vehicles
- Stairs on Elm at the main entrance at Jefferson to aide students safely down the stairs and into the building
- In the main entrance of the school to aide students in safely traveling to their classrooms.
Parents/Guardians will be directed to pull up as close to the front of the drop off area as possible, located at the corner of Elm Street and Perkiomen Alley. Faculty and Staff will aide students in the first 5 vehicles in line. After students have safely exited the first 5 vehicles they will be directed to proceed, in the order they pulled up, and the next 5 vehicles in line will be directed to pull forward. This procedure will be repeated until all students are safely in the school.
It is critical that parents/guardians be patient with one another as well as this process. Please do not attempt to back up or pull out and around a vehicle that is releasing a student. Please do not park across the street and require students to cross between parked and moving vehicles. Please remind your Jefferson students to ALWAYS use the crosswalk.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation! Together we can keep our drop off a much safer process for our children!
Mrs. Cheryl A. Scalzo, Principal