Anyone interested in participating in, or coaching, a real or a ‘mock’ Odyssey of the Mind for 2014-2015, please contact Patrick Campbell.
- What is “Odyssey of the Mind?” Odyssey of the Mind is an educational program/competitive event that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students. A team of students applies their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics.
- Who’s “in charge”? Mr. Campbell is the “point person” at LMMS. It would actually be several parents who are the coaches.
- Where, when, and how often are there meetings? That will be up to the students on the team and the parent coaches. In the past, teams have met twice a week for a few hours in the beginning, with a more intensive schedule as the competition approaches.
- Who makes up the team? A team is a maximum of 7 students. Therefore, if more than 7 students apply, there will be a selection process (which will involve, at a minimum, a teacher recommendation.)
- WEBSITES (for more information):