Advisor: Deirdre Thorp
Why Should I Become Involved In the LMMS Student Council?
- You’d like to play an active role at LMMS
- Try something new!
- You get to meet new people – make new friends!
- Develop or enhance your leadership skills.
- It’s FUN!
- We take a few after school field trips throughout the year!
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities has been shown to make you a better student!
- Become a role model.
- Become actively involved with your community
- Help others that are less fortunate.
- Help to keep LMMS a great place to be!
Student Council will be comprised of 2 representatives from each homeroom. To be chosen as a representative, you must be obligated to the following requirements:
- Complete the entire application process – available from Mrs. Thorp in Room 302
- Attend at least 1 meeting every month (meetings are usually held the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, sometimes more often if necessary.).
- Be an ACTIVE member throughout the school year (“active” means you must participate in at least half of the Student Council sponsored activities throughout the year)
- Relay Student Council information to your homeroom by way of the Student Council minutes you will receive after each meeting.
- Take pride in and be responsible for fostering positive school spirit.
- Maintain good social and academic behavior at all times.
If you are interested in an application form (at the beginning of the school year) or would like to know more about Student Council, please see Mrs. Thorp in room 302 or Mrs. Thomas in Room 414 as soon as possible.