Hello 6th and 7th grade students, we have decided to postpone student course selections during Science class until Monday, April 12th. On April 12th, you will log in to the Class Registration in PowerSchool to view your courses that you have been recommended for. You will then be able to choose the classes you would like on your schedule for 7th or 8th grade.
Some important reminders:
- Please understand that it is highly recommended that students take classes that they have been recommended for. We have found that students are most successful when this occurs.
- If a student was recommended for multiple honors classes, students should discuss with their parents how many honors classes they feel comfortable taking with their schedule.
- If a student chooses a course that is below what is recommended by their teacher. Nothing more will need to be done.
- If a student chooses a course that is recommended above what a recommendation is, then the student will need to go through the override process.
- Parents and students may view course recommendations by clicking Class Registration in PowerSchool. Parents and students should have discussions about the courses they have been recommended for and what they are comfortable with taking. For any questions about a specific course recommendation, please contact the current teacher of that course. For any questions about the scheduling process, please message/email 6th: Mrs. Shirvinski at email@example.com or 7th: Mr. Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org