5 Day In-Person Instruction Update
Starting Thursday, April 8, approximately 65% of our students will be returning to 5 day, in-person instruction. The other 35% of students will remain fully remote. Students will remain in these models until the end of the school year.
Thursday, April 8th will be DAY 1 of the cycle. Friday will be Day 2. We will then continue to follow the normal six-day cycle for the rest of the year. The Shift calendar will no longer be in use.
Bell Schedule: We will continue to use the current bell schedule at the middle level, which runs from 7:25am – 1:15pm. All students will continue to be dismissed at 1:15pm each day.
UPDATED Attendance Guidelines – Beginning Thursday, April 8th
- Students who are signed up for 5 day in-person instruction must attend in-person in order to be marked present.
- Students who are signed up for 5 day in-person that do NOT attend in-person will be marked absent, even if they sign-in online. The exception to this rule will be students who are at home due to mandatory quarantining.
- Remote students must login to every class on Zoom at their scheduled times, and complete their work, in order to be marked present.
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Student drop-off will begin at 7:15am. Students are not permitted to enter the building before this time, so we ask that parents do not arrive much earlier than 7:10am. We ask that all cars remain in a single file line and pull as far forward as you can along the front curb before waiting for a staff member to allow students to unload. Please make sure students are ready to unload when you pull-up in front of the school. Once you unload, please proceed forward in a single file line. We are asking for your patience as we will now have more cars in line. Students must be in homeroom by 7:25am.
Student pick-up will begin at 1:10pm. We ask that families do not arrive much earlier than 1:00pm. Please remember to form two lines in our pick-up area. Again, we are asking for your patience as we will now have more cars in line and many more students exiting the building for pick-up.
Please be sure all in-person students are in compliance with the updated mask guidelines.
Keystone / PSSA Schedule
Students will be participating in both PSSA and Keystone Exams (students in Alg 1) this spring. In-person students will take their assessments on the dates listed below. Remote Only students will be invited into the building on these days to participate in testing.
Keystone Exam Schedule (Middle Level)
Algebra 1 Keystone Exam (Students enrolled in Alg 1/Alg 2) – May 19, 20
PSSA Testing Schedule (Middle Level)
ELA – May 25, 26, 27
Math – June 2, 3
Science – June 8, 9