EPSD Continuity of Learning Plan
Good Afternoon LMMS Students and Families,
Thank you for your patience as the East Penn School District worked with our teachers over the past few weeks to prepare for this new online learning platform. Teachers collaborated with administrators, technology coaches, department chairs, and grade-level colleagues to develop a meaningful and effecitve plan for all of our students. Below are a few bullet points to introduce you to this new online learning plan. As always, please continue to reach out to your child’s teachers, counselors, and administrators if you need help or support.
- Mrs. Yencho created a screencast that students and families can watch regarding expectations for the new online learning platform. Click here to view the screencast.
- Students are going to have assignments to complete every week, Monday-Friday, in all of their current course areas starting April 6th. These assignments can be found within your child’s Google Classroom sites.
- Teachers will be offering “Office Hours” in 30-minute increments via Google Meet/Hangout at least once per week for each course that they teach. Students will click on a link that the teacher will share and be able to join their teacher “live” on screen to review work and ask questions.
- If students need more support, they can always email their teachers and/or set up another meeting with the teacher for a 1:1 or small group “live” session via Google Meet/Hangout.
- Within this phase of the continuity of learning plan, student work will not be graded and entered into the gradebook; however, participation, progress, and feedback will be documented to ensure continuity of learning. The decision not to grade in this second phase is important because we recognize that current conditions could interfere with student learning. We want to provide learning and meaningful feedback for students without creating additional challenges and barriers. Students need to be aware that the learning being offered online starting April 6th is essential for continuation into the next year’s academic classes. Failure to follow through with the online learning will put them at a disadvantage when/if we return to school this year or the following year in a new course.
- If students or families need to connect with our school counselors, please click this link to set up an appointment, or visit the K-12 School Counseling Website for Covid-19 and Distance Learning Resources.
- While LMMS does have a presence on socia media, we are not able to respond to all of these outlets on a regular basis. LMMS has created a FAQ page, and you are welcome to click on the link and submit a question that you would like answered.
From our LMMS family to yours, we hope that you are all safe and doing well during this challenging time.
-Mrs. Yencho, Mr. Luckenbill, & Mrs. Slatoff