Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, September 8th, all LMMS students will be working remotely from home. Please ensure the following guidelines and online etiquette are followed;
- When students login to Zoom meetings, they MUST use their first and last name for verification purposes (no nicknames, initials, etc.). Students who do not use their first and last name will not be permitted to enter the waiting room for the class and will be marked absent from the course for the day.
- Students must turn their video on for teachers to take attendance at the beginning of each class period – students should then follow all guidelines set forth by the teacher about muting, video on/off, chats, etc.
- Students must be dressed appropriately for all classes – all dress code guidelines should be followed according to the LMMS Student Handbook (Ex: no hoods up on hoodies, no hats, sunglasses, etc. & clothing must remain free of symbolism related to death, sex, violence, drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol).
- Try to find a space that is free from distractions and clutter so that you can focus and have room to work & be successful.
- While many of you might use your bedrooms as a work space, please remember to sit at a desk or against a wall/headboard if working in your bedroom. Students are not permitted to be lying down in bed or under the covers for learning.
- Stay positive and respectful when speaking with your teachers or peers.
- Ask if you need help or support – we all know that this is not going to be easy for anyone. Please remember to let your teachers know if you are having trouble logging in to meetings or need support with your classwork.
- We are all in this together!