The Board has complete and final control over local school matters subject only to limitation imposed by state law and applicable regulations of the State Secretary of Education. The Board has responsibility in the following areas:
- Exercising leadership and drafting policies for the operation of the local schools.
- Employing and evaluating a Superintendent of Schools.
- Authorizing the appointment of teachers and other staff members upon the recommendation of the Superintendent.
- Determining educational standards and goals.
- Authorizing curriculum development and revision.
- Securing money for school operational needs and building programs, and authorizing specific expenditures.
- Expressing and representing the views of the community in matters affecting education.
- Interpreting the educational program and needs to the community.