May 22, 2020
(2nd posting of this message)
Dear Shoemaker Families,
I hope that this letter finds your family well. Thank you for your collaboration, support, understanding, and kindness throughout the last several weeks. We could not accomplish any of this without you! Below, I have outlined our well-thought-out plan to safely distribute the student belongings/return borrowed devices/books.
A schedule has been created (click here) for the week of June 8th. We will be distributing belongings by grade level/teacher/alphabetically, starting with kindergarten. Sibling items will be distributed together. For example, if you have a kindergarten student and 2nd grade student, please come pick up items for both children on the day/time scheduled for your kindergarten student. If you have a 3rd grade student and a 5th grade student, please come pick up on the day/time for your 3rd grade student. You should only have to come to one pickup time.
If you borrowed a device from the district, you will drop off the device and pick up any belongings on either June 11th or June 12th; not on the day scheduled for your grade level. You will get a call from our administrative assistant, who will schedule your pickup day/time.
After reading the directions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please take a moment to review these important guidelines:
- Prior to your pick up time, please search your home for school library books, classroom library books and items that need to be returned to Shoemaker. Place these items in a bag labeled with your child’s name and homeroom teacher. Then put them in your trunk so that staff can easily access them when putting your child’s belongings in there.
- If you are returning a device, please make sure that you put the iPad or chromebook as well as the charger, in a bag with your child’s name and homeroom teacher on it.
- Again, parents with multiple children should plan on following the scheduled time of the youngest child.
- Families that are not continuing and have already received authorization from both the music store and their teacher are encouraged to drop off their band instrument during the scheduled period for exchange of personal and technology items. Your instrument must be cleared of personal items and be clearly labeled for return with the appropriate information. You do not need to return your book or music stand, just the instrument. If you have not received authorization, DO NOT drop off your instrument. You will be charged for the amount of time the instrument is not retrie vable. String instrument returns go directly to Montero’s Violins in Emmaus, do not leave at the schools.
- If possible, please put a sign in your front window with your child’s name and homeroom teacher on it. This will help us to move the car line along more fluently.
- All traffic will enter from Fairview Street. Go past the upper parking lot and make a left at the 2nd entrance. Come down the hill and pull up alongside the curb by the bus lanes. You will exit toward Eyer. We will have staff directing traffic.
- When directed, you will pull up to the receiving area and if possible, please open your trunk from inside your vehicle.
- Please stay in your vehicle.
- If you choose to bring your children, it is important to prepare them for a short and quick visit. While there will be faculty and staff they know helping, waving and wishing everyone a wonderful summer, you may or may not see your child’s teacher and staff will not be available for conversations.
- Over the counter medications will already be in your child’s bag. If you need to pick up prescription medication, Mrs. Freiwald will be in the front of the school. After picking up student belongings, you will be directed to the front of the school. Again, please do not exit your vehicle. Mrs. Freiwald will bring your medication to you.
PICK UP/DROP OFF SCHEDULE
Please click HERE to view the schedule.