May 18, 2020
Dear Willow Lane Families:
We have developed a plan to distribute student belongings and projects. Families are invited to pick up these items on Monday, June 8 and Tuesday, June 9. Procedures have been established to maintain appropriate social distancing. No one will exit their vehicle. Our staff will bring your student’s packed bag and place it in the trunk of your car. Please follow the same procedures that we use for “Car Pickup Students” at the end of a Willow Lane school day. All cars will enter and exit using the Millcreek Road entrance.
Families that have borrowed EPSD technology will return the devices and pick up student belongings on Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12. Our main office staff will be in touch to schedule appointments for drop off and pick up of student belongings.
Please take a moment and review these important guidelines:
- Prior to your pick up time please search your home for school library books, classroom library books and items that need to be returned to Willow lane. Place these items in a bag labeled with your child’s name and homeroom teacher.
- Please post a sign somewhere on a passenger side window with your last name or use the initial Willow Lane dashboard sign that was issued at the start of the school year. This will help us quickly locate your student’s belongings and maintain traffic flow.
- Pay careful attention to staff directing traffic flow.
- When directed you will pull up to the receiving area and open your trunk from inside your vehicle.
- Please wait until the cars in front of you have moved forward.
- Families will make only one trip to Willow Lane. Our Health Room Staff will be available for parents that need to pick up prescription medications. They will bring prescription medications to your vehicle. All over the counter medications will be placed into individual student bags with their personal belongings.
Families that are not continuing in band and have already received authorization from both the music store and their teacher are encouraged to drop off their BAND instrument at this same time The instrument must be cleared of personal items and be clearly labeled for return with the appropriate information. Books and music stands do not need to be returned, only the instrument. If you have not received authorization, DO NOT drop off the instrument. You will be charged for the amount of time the instrument is not retrievable. String instrument returns go directly to Montero’s Violins in Emmaus, do not bring string instruments to school.
If you choose to bring your children, it is important to prepare them for a short and quick visit. While there will be faculty and staff assisting; you may or may not see your child’s teacher and staff will not be available for conversations.
Please use the following schedule for pick-up of student belongings:
June 8, 2020
Students with last names beginning with A through M 9 – 11 AM
Students with last names beginning with N through Z 1 – 3 PM
June 9, 2020
Students with last names beginning with N through Z 9 – 11 AM
Students with last names beginning with A through M 1 – 3 PM
On behalf of the entire Willow Lane Family, thank you for your support. Stay well and we wish all of you a safe and happy summer!!