Dear East Penn Community,
We are very excited to reopen our schools for the 2020-2021 school year and engage our students using new learning models. Certainly, the 2020-2021 year presents several unique challenges; however, we are dedicated to working through these challenges and providing the best possible educational experiences for all East Penn learners.
While our routines may be different this fall, we remain consistent in our commitment to providing learning experiences that support the skills and attributes that are reflected in the EPSD Profile of a Graduate. In addition, we will continue to focus on the priorities that are defined in the East Penn Comprehensive Plan, including:
- Social and Emotional Learning: Trauma-Informed Practices– East Penn is committed to addressing the social and emotional needs of our students and staff. Students must feel safe and supported before they can learn. To reach this goal, our administrators, teachers, and staff are focused on learning how to recognize trauma signs and triggers and provide supports that promote resiliency and healing.
- Equity– Equity in education means that opportunities are differentiated to ensure all students have access to the resources, programs, and experiences that they need. In East Penn, we believe all students, regardless of race, culture, educational label, gender, sexual orientation, or background, deserve a learning environment that is responsive to their lived experiences. We will continue to analyze all aspects of our organization to align our practices with our core beliefs about equity.
- Technology Integration– We recognize that technology, when used in meaningful ways, has the potential to transform student learning. We will continue to support teachers and students in the creative and purposeful use of technology. This year, we are excited to utilize Schoology, a robust learning management system, at the middle and high schools.
- Organizational Culture– Positive relationships are the foundation of East Penn. We are dedicated to developing an organizational culture that is characterized by transparent communication, collaboration, and appreciation for the contributions of all employees.
On behalf of the East Penn administrative team, welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year! I am confident that we will support each other and our students through the pandemic and emerge as a stronger school community.
Superintendent of Schools
Superintendent’s Objective Performance Standards
(PA Leadership Standards)
- The leader promotes personalized student success by thinking and planning strategically to create and sustain an organizational vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- The leader promotes personalized student success by advocating, nurturing and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning.
- The leader promotes personalized student success by ensuring management of the resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment.
- The leader promotes personalized student success by collaborating, communicating, engaging and empowering others inside and outside of the organization to pursue excellence in learning.
The Superintendent has met the above Objective Performance Standards for the 2020-2021 school year.
September 17, 2021
Board Secretary & Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Phone Number: (610) 966-8333