Overview of Migration
The East Penn School District will begin transitioning our email system from Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) to Google Gmail. This change is another step towards our goal of empowering teachers and students to collaborate, communicate, create, think critically, and solve relevant problems. This change will provide faculty and staff with the same email application that our students use.
In order to reduce disruption to faculty and staff, our goal is to begin during the summer of 2019.
At a high-level this is what to expect:
- July 1, 2019: Exchange (Outlook) will stop receiving emails, all incoming emails will go to Gmail
- July 1, 2019: we will start the process of migrating (or sending) all emails from your Exchange (Outlook) email account to your Gmail account
- You will be able to use your Gmail account during the migration
- Training materials: resources & information will be shared by the Office of Curriculum & Instruction
- For Gmail migration inquiries please contact the Office of Technology at email@example.com
For specific information, please refer to the relevant Gmail Migration Detail links located on this web page.
Q: How will I access Gmail?
A: Launch your Chrome browser and select Gmail from your Apps launcher or go to https://mail.google.com
Q: Will my email address change?
A: No, your email address will stay the same
Q: Does Gmail have a mailbox size restriction?
A: No, there are no mailbox size restrictions for individual Gmail accounts
Q: May I still use or access Outlook?
A: Outlook will still be available for reference use only for a limited time (TBD)