Converting phone to a hotspot
- Open the Settings app, then select Mobile Data
- Tap Personal Hotspot, and set Personal Hotspot to On.
- If Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth are off, iOS will ask if you want to turn them back on.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi Password’ and enter a suitable password.
- Now check the name of the hotspot listed under To Connect Using Wi-Fi
- Go to the Wi-Fi setting on your device and choose the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Enter the password from Step 4.
Click here to view How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad Tutorial
- Go to Settings, tap the Wireless & Networks option.
- Open Tethering and portable hotspot.
- You’ll need to set up the Wi-Fi hotspot for first time use.
- Add or change the name you want to give the Wi-Fi network, and give it a password you will remember.
Click here to view Share a mobile connection by tethering or hotspot on Android Tutorial