PSSA’s are right around the corner
The 2019 PSSA’s will be held in April. Please remember that no educational trips will be approved during the PSSA testing window. Thank you for your cooperation.
The PSSA Testing Schedule is as follows:
Week of April 15th
ELA English Language PSSA’s for students in grades 6, 7, and 8.
Week of April 22nd
Math PSSA’s for students in grades 6,7,and 8.
Week of April 29th
Science PSSA’s for students in 8th grade.
Makeups will be the last week of April and the 1st week of May .
If a student is absent they will be given the opportunity to make up the PSSA they missed for that day.
How to Help Your Child Prepare for the PSSA’s
- Please make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep. Studies show that rest is important for proper cognitive functioning.
- Please make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast. Food is the fuel for our mind and body. Eating a good breakfast will help your child stay alert and focused.
- Make sure your child has pencils, a calculator, and a book to read for when he/she has finished the test.
- Remind your child to review his/her test booklet after completing each section to make sure no questions have been skipped.
- Encourage your child to take his/her time. The PSSA’s are not a timed test.