The following goal statements represent the primary direction for the county-side career pathways model to benefit all students. These goals are focused on improving educational practices and effective career planning to enable all students the opportunity to be prepared for and pursue meaningful careers.
- To provide the opportunity for all students to follow a rigorous coherent program of studies focused upon career pathway and designed to prepare them for post secondary education and successful careers.
- To increase the mathematics, science, communication, problem-solving and technical achievement and the application of learning for all students.
- To set higher expectations for all students in pursuit of their career.
- To increase access to intellectually challenging career and technical studies, with a major emphasis on using high-level
- mathematics, science, language arts, and problem-solving skills in the context of modern society and life-long learning.
- To increase access to academic studies that teach the essential concepts from the college preparatory curriculum
- through functional and applied strategies.
- To guide students in completing a challenging program of study in their career pathway rich in math, science and communications with content reflective of both theory and practice.
- To provide students access to a structured system of career-based opportunities as an outlet of school-based educators.
- To provide integrated instruction for students based on the collaboration of academic, career and technical and college educators.
- To use instructional processes designed to have all students actively engaged in learning.
- To provide a structured support system of extra help to enable all student to be successful.
- To use assessment data to analyze individual student achievement and programs for continuous improvement.
For more information on Career Pathways visit www.careerpathway.org