The intrinsic value of music instruction lies in its unique contexts for developing critical and creative thinking skills and self-expression and problem-solving aptitude. The goals of the music curriculum are as follows:
- The music curriculum will offer a well-planned sequence of learning experiences leading to clearly defined skills and knowledge.
- The music studies will reflect the multi-musical diversity of America’s pluralistic culture.
- The curriculum for every student will include improvisation and composition.
- Tasks that emphasize problem-solving and higher order thinking skills will be given to every student.
- The music curriculum will maintain its integrity, and will emphasize relationships among the arts and between the arts and other disciplines.
- The curriculum will utilize current technology to individualize and expand music learning.
- Authentic assessment, based on specific objectives taken from the skills, knowledge, and understandings designated in the curriculum, will be utilized for all students.
- Julia Wallace | Room 008 | Email | Profile
- Connie Arnold | Room 007 | Email
- Ryan Harrington | Room 007 | Email
Please see the Program of Studies for more detailed course information. Click here for the Music curriculum.