Healthy children are vital to our society’s future. As a school district, we accept the responsibility of providing an educational program that will assist them in their choices and promote the health and well-being of our students. A healthy child makes wise and educated choices to allow him/her to reach full potential. This is best achieved through the combined efforts of the family, school, and community.
Health Education Goals:
- Meet and exceed the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Health and Safety.
- Encourage students to develop and maintain a holistic approach to healthy living.
- Encourage students to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.
- Promote a healthy and safe school environment.
- Provide information and experiences about health related issues.
- Identify the need for and foster communication and cooperation among family, school, and community in maintaining and promoting student health.
Wellness-Fitness Education Goals:
- Meet and exceed the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Physical Education.
- Promote sportsmanship and respect for differences among people in physical activity settings.
- Provide physical activity on a regular basis.
- Introduce students to various activities to promote lifelong physical activity.
Eric Bednar – Department Chair | Pool Office | Email | Website
Eleni Assise | Gym | Email
Jacob Beitler | 600/601 | Email | Website
Patrick Birns | Gym | Email | Website
Vinnie D’Agostino | Coaches Office | Email
Natalie Deacon | Gym | Email
Jeannine Martini | Room 227 | Email | Website
Lori Miller | Room 225 | Email | Website
Lisa Wells | Pool Office | Email | Website
Please see the Program of Studies for more detailed course information. Click here for the Wellness-Fitness curriculum.