Healthy children are vital to our society’s future. As a school district, we accept the responsibility of providing an educational program that will assist them in their choices and promote the health and well-being of our students. A healthy child makes wise and educated choices to allow him/her to reach full potential. This is best achieved through the combined efforts of the family, school, and community.
Health Education Goals:
- Meet and exceed the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Health and Safety.
- Encourage students to develop and maintain a holistic approach to healthy living.
- Encourage students to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.
- Promote a healthy and safe school environment.
- Provide information and experiences about health related issues.
- Identify the need for and foster communication and cooperation among family, school, and community in maintaining and promoting student health.
Wellness-Fitness Education Goals:
- Meet and exceed the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Physical Education.
- Promote sportsmanship and respect for differences among people in physical activity settings.
- Provide physical activity on a regular basis.
- Introduce students to various activities to promote lifelong physical activity.
- Lori Miller – Department Chair | Room 011 | Email | Website
- Eleni Assise | Gym | Email | Website | Profile
- Jacob Beitler | Coaches Office | Email | Website | Profile
- Patrick Birns | Gym | Email | Website | Profile
- Vinnie D’Agostino | Coaches Office | Email | Profile, Substitute: Trevor Tirino | Email
- Harold Fairclough – Gym | Email
- Natalie Deacon | Gym | Email | Website | Profile, Substitute: TBD | Email
- Jeannine Ross | Room 012 | Email | Website | Profile
- Julie Williams | Pool Office | Email
Please see the Program of Studies for more detailed course information. Click here for the Wellness-Fitness curriculum.