Welcome to the EHS Counseling Website!
Please see this site for COVID-19 Updates from the K-12 School Counseling Department and continue to check the EHS Website, as well as the EPSD website. We also have created a graphic, linked here, that can help to identify signs of struggle and with links to articles as resources for more information and how to help.
Virtual College Visits
The EHS Counseling Department is pleased to offer Virtual College Rep Visits! Visits will be through Google Meet but will still require registration through Naviance, using the same procedure for that of our ‘traditional’ rep visits. Please visit Naviance for dates and times of the visits. Students who register will receive an email the day before the visit, providing them with the Google Meet code. Visits are open to all students, grades 9-12, and will allow you an opportunity to hear from the Admissions representative as well as to ask questions you may have about the changes taking place for their institution. Please check Naviance frequently, as we will be adding more schools frequently. If you have any questions, please contact your school counselor.
Advanced Placement Testing
- Students taking AP Exams this year, please make sure to check out the 2020 AP Testing Guide.
- Also, you should be practicing with the Testing Demo, which can be found here: https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students/taking-ap-exams/exam-day-experience, along with a video and other important information about the AP Testing experience for this year.
- Please note that the World Language testing app and demos will be available starting on May 11th, while the others are available beginning May 4th.
- For FAQs and the Testing Schedule, please click here: April 14 2020 AP Update and FAQs to find the latest AP Testing updates from EPSD.
- As is mentioned in College Board’s directions, please make sure to have everything you need ready prior to the test and log in 30 minutes before your scheduled testing time.
Naviance Login Changes for Students and Parents
Starting January 27th, Naviance, the career and college readiness platform used at Emmaus High School, will be changing the login/password credentials for students and parents/guardians. Students will start using their school district assigned email (i.e. email@example.com) to login rather than their 6 digit student ID number; their password will continue to be the password used for the school district email. Students were made aware that this change will take effect for them starting on January 18th. We suggest that parents/guardians make the change to their password before the change automatically takes place on January 27th to enable a smoother transition.
For parents/guardians, the username/email will not change, however, parents/guardians will need to change their password to meet the new requirements of Naviance:
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters in length.
- The username may not be part of the password.
- Passwords may not include more than 2 identical characters in a row.
- Commonly used passwords, simple patterns, and common names will not be accepted.
Any parents/guardians who have not activated their Naviance account are encouraged to do so. First time users will need to request a registration code from the Counseling Office and will need to adhere to the new password requirements.
Please contact your student’s school counselor with any questions.
Students Interested in Attending LCTI for the First Time in 2020-2021
Students who are interested in attending LCTI for the first time next year must pick up an application from the Counseling Office. Applications are due in the Counseling Office no later than February 21st.
Attention 9th Grade Students
Mrs. Demchak and Mr. McInerney have shared a presentation with you regarding the scheduling process at EHS. Please find the video on your Class of 2023 Guidance Google Classroom and on our YouTube channel, here: https://youtu.be/ViuUQ0lGYnI.
The EHS Counselors’ YouTube Channel
The EHS Counselors have created a YouTube Channel with videos on scheduling, navigating Naviance Family Connection, the assessments available via Naviance, and more! Our YouTube channel can be found by clicking the gray YouTube icon at the top of this page on the right (next to the Twitter icon), or by clicking on this link: Emmaus High School Counseling YouTube Channel. Please be sure to click “videos” once you have navigated to our page to see all of our videos, as the homepage only shows the most recent.
2017-2018 Grading Scale and GPA Calculation Changes
For the past two years, an instructional leadership team in East Penn has been working to examine our district-wide assessment practices and evaluate them in terms of their efficacy and equity. Through that process, the secondary grading scale and high school grade point average calculations emerged as an area in need of revision. For these reasons, we have decided to modify the grading scale and calculation of student GPA to be more consistent with other schools both regionally and nationally. This change will go into effect beginning with the 2017-18 school year. For more information regarding these changes GPA changes please click here.
The counseling office is pleased to continue to offer the Naviance system to our students and their families. Naviance is the preferred postsecondary planning resource for EHS counselors. We encourage all families to utilize the resources found in Naviance. Students receive an introduction each school year on how to use and navigate Naviance Student. Below is a link to access Emmaus High School’s Naviance Student site. Starting 1/18/2020, students must log in using their eastpennsd.org email address and their EPSD password. Parents must register using a registration code, which can be obtained from your child’s counselor. Once registered, parents are able to input an email address and create a password for future use.
Reminders for Seniors Applying to College
- Be sure you are requesting your documents through Naviance Student with 15 school days to process prior to the college’s application deadline.
- Scholarships are added to Naviance Student as we receive information from outside agencies, be sure to check in often.
Be sure to check your Naviance Student account for more information tailored to your grade level!