Parking on school district property is a privilege for senior students. Only cars with permits are allowed to park on school property in posted student parking lots. The posted student parking lots are Lot I near the football field and the large parking lot across North Street from the high school.
Failure to obey the following regulations or falsifying any information will result in the withdrawal of parking privileges, and additional disciplinary actions will be assessed, as prescribed in the Emmaus High School Discipline Code:
- Parking in unauthorized areas on school property will result in detentions and eventual loss of parking privileges for the remainder of the academic year.
- Parking in restricted red permits only assigned lots, administration visitor assigned lots, faculty/staff assigned lots, parking on school property without a permit, or parking with an unregistered vehicle will result in ticketing by the Emmaus Police Department and when necessary, towing at the owner’s expense.
- After a student’s 4th late to school, the student will lose late arrival and/or early dismissal privileges, in addition to losing parking privileges for the remainder of the semester.
The issuance of a permit guarantees the student ONE parking spot. All students who accept the Emmaus High School Parking Permit understand that the issuance of the parking permit is subject to the following rules and regulations during the school year:
- Students shall drive safely on and near the campus. Reckless driving will result in Saturday detentions and/or loss of parking privileges, as described on page 4 of the Discipline Code, as a Level II offense.
- Students shall be cautious when driving in the parking lot. The speed limit is 10 mph.
- Students shall be considerate of the Emmaus High School neighbors by obeying ALL traffic and parking regulations.
- Students shall park only in the approved WHITE spaces in the Emmaus High School parking lots designated to be student lots.
- Students shall not go to their cars during the school day, without explicit permission from a high school administrator.
- Students shall display the Emmaus High School Parking tag on the back of the rearview mirror AT ALL TIMES and it must be visible from the front of the vehicle.
- East Penn School District does not assume liability for damages or stolen property.
- Parking permits are non-transferable.
Only one permit per student will be issued. Students who lose their original tag will be charged $5 for a replacement, if available.