Scholarships are a form of aid to help you pay your undergraduate tuition. Like grants, they do not have to be repaid. Generally, scholarships are reserved for students with special qualifications, such as financial need and/or academic, athletic, or artistic talent.
Institutional scholarships can be based on financial need, academic ability, or outstanding talent. Many are offered by private colleges and universities, though thousands of private scholarships are also available from other sources.
When looking for scholarships, please consider the following:
- Check the scholarships listed in Naviance Student often. We update the list as we receive information.
- Start looking for scholarships in your junior year
- Contact the financial aid office when applying to colleges to learn about scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarship deadlines are not flexible and some applications are due soon after being publicized.
- Scholarship opportunities are often overlooked . Be sure to check with your and/or your parents place of employment. Also, be sure to check with your church and any organizations you or your family are involved in for scholarship opportunities.
Local Graduation Scholarships
Civic organizations, local charities, and private donors are very generous to EHS seniors each spring at graduation through our Local Graduation Scholarships program. The Emmaus community offers many financial awards at graduation for which seniors must apply. In some cases, a standard EHS scholarship application is used and recipients are determined by an EHS scholarship committee. In other cases, the organization provides its own scholarship application, and they choose the winner.
Information regarding Local Graduation Scholarships becomes available in late winter/early spring of a student’s senior year. This list will be posted on Naviance and each senior will be given a listing of such local scholarships in homeroom once the information is finalized. Applications will be available in the counseling office. Contact Mr. McInerney or Ms. Burk if you have questions regarding this program.
Other External Websites
The following sites/links are suggested resourses, we do our very best to provide you with free sites, but please be aware there may be some sites that require a nominal fee. We recommend you use extreme caution when coming upon a resource that has any kind of fee.
- EHS Naviance – On the ‘colleges’ page: national scholarship search and scholarship list
- Scholarship Scams (How to Avoid) – FTC
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
- Fast Web Scholarship Search
- College Board
- Minority Scholarship Search
- College Treasure
- Financial Aid Finder
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- NAACP Scholarship
- Going Merry
- Chegg Scholarships