Based on feedback from teachers, students, community members, and school board meeting discussions, we have updated our Flexible Instructional Day (FID) plan for the 2022-23 school year. FID days may be used when the weather may not allow us to safely report to school, so students are assigned work to be completed remotely. As a reminder, we have two traditional snow days built into the school calendar as well as an option during severe weather.
We will be using an asynchronous FID model this year, which means teachers will post independent assignments and will be available for support, but the work is designed so students complete it independently. As a reminder, FID days count as an official school day so the work assigned on this day is important. Your teacher(s) will communicate specific details with your student(s). We have asked teachers to explain the expectations to your students so they are aware of what to do on FID days and ensure that the students know how to access the applications and communication platforms they will need.
Please see the updates below:
- Assignments will be live at 9:30AM in the grade appropriate learning management system.
-3-5 Google Classroom
- Your teacher will be available via SeeSaw messaging, email or Google Meet, if you have questions during the day.
- Your child should attempt to complete the assignments on the FID; however, teachers will provide additional support, direction, and time when the students return to school.
- Assignments will be live at 8:30AM in Schoology.
- Your teacher will be available via email, if you have questions during the day.
- You should attempt to complete the assignments on the FID; however, if necessary, teachers will provide additional support, direction, and time when the students return to school.